By default, ADFS doesn’t currently support SSO for the Edge Web Browser due to the fact that Microsoft released the Edge browser after releasing ADFS 3.0.
We can add SSO support for Edge ourselves, by adding it to the list of WIASupportedUserAgents.
- Log into your primary ADFS server and open PowerShell as administrator.
- Run the following command to add Edge and Mozilla to the list of WIASupportedUserAgents. For some reason, SSO still doesn’t work after adding just Edge alone. You also have to add Mozilla.
Set-AdfsProperties -WIASupportedUserAgents @(“MSAuthHost/1.0/In-Domain”,”MSIE 6.0″,”MSIE 7.0″,”MSIE 8.0″,”MSIE 9.0″,”MSIE 10.0″,”Trident/7.0″, “MSIPC”,”Windows Rights Management Client”,”Mozilla/5.0″,”Edge/12″)
- Restart the ADFS service on your primary node, and then all other nodes in your farm. (ADFS only, not WAPs)
- You can check this has worked by getting your supported user agents by running the following command.
Get-ADFSProperties | Select -ExpandProperty WIASupportedUserAgents
- Test SSO by logging into one of your services whilst on your corporate network (On Premise/DirectAccess).
Hope this helps